Wednesday, June 8, 2022

THE ABSOLUTE INCOMPETENCE OF THOSE IN CHARGE OF THE POLICE

 What exactly is going on with the so-called investigation into the abuse of CHILDREN in state owned/funded children's homes? I have written about this problem until I'm sick of it. I have said that I didn't think that anything will come of it, but I did believe that the police might at least pretend that they were treating this matter with urgency. To my absolute dismay I see that they are not!

R9obert Sabga is a friend of mine. He wrote to me this morning (Thursday 8th June) that someone in the Trinidad & Tobago Police Service (the TTPS) had  (finally) called him last night (7th June) and asked him for a witness statement for everything that is in the 1997 report! Can you believe that!? Come on Mr. Acting Commissioner of Police. Come on. Get off your big, fat tail and put down the cup of coffee and DO SOMETHING!  What are we paying you for? The bottom line is that children are being abused. And only now your people are approaching Mr. Sabga for a witness statement!?!? Apart from the fact that the 1997 report has Mr. Sabga's signature on it, don't you, McDonald Jacob, think that this is the height of incompetence?  And this is what you call an investigation? And there is a very strong possibility that children are still being abused?  When are you going to do something to save the children? Today? Tomorrow? Next week? Next year? Never?

This would be something for a comedy movie if it weren't so serious. It is a little like the joke that is going around the country: a man telephones the police to say that there is  a burglar in his yard. The police tell him that they can't come right now because they don't have any cars available. Five minutes later the man calls back the police to say don't bother to come. I just shot and killed him with my unlicensed gun. Five minutes later the police show up but there is no gun and no body. The police then say "I thought you said that you shot and killed a man'. The guy then replies 'I thought you said you had no cars'!

My message to the Acting Commissioner of Police is: move, follow, or get out of the way. This is way past a joke now and you clearly have done sweet nothing. If you don't know what to do then get out of the way. And Mr. Minister of National Security you deal with it. Put somebody in charge who at least pretends to care about the children. There are enough people in this country who have good ideas about what to do. SAVE THE CHILDREN NOW! And stop messing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment