Monday, January 9, 2023

HAPPY NEW YEAR

 In keeping with a New Year's resolution that I will probably break sooner rather than later, I'm going to try and put a positive spin on recent events in T&T. Accordingly, I am not going to discuss the seemingly out of control murder rate that exceeded 600 people killed last year, nor am I going to discuss the seemingly feeble attempts by the Guardian and Express newspapers to try and lessen the reported numbers. I am not going to discuss the looming appointment of Senate President Christine Kangaloo to be this country's next President and whether or not it is a good thing - even though I have some rather serious concerns about it.

As for the ongoing financial crisis, I am not going to discuss how people are 'ketching their nenen"  to try and make ends meet, nor how many of them lost their jobs in the last year and have been unable to find new ones. Neither am I going to discuss whether or not I think that the Finance Minister as well as the Prime Minister have both failed rather badly and apparently do not seem to care. And I'm not going to discuss the out of control crime situation and how all of us have to be really, really careful when we venture outside of our self imposed jails (otherwise known as our homes) so that we don't get robbed, beaten or killed.

No. This is a new year and all of us who only want a better country regardless on which side of the political spectrum that we fall must join together and wish everybody - both the rulers as well as the ruled - a happy and prosperous one. And I'm certainly not going to discuss the death of hope in so many (too many) of our citizens that things will get better.

Unfortunately, I am one of those who is losing (if not actually lost) hope that Dr. Rowley & Co. know how to make things better for all of us (e.g., by fixing the potholes). So in this, my first post for the new year I will only wish everybody a happy New Year and join with you in praying that things will get better.

P.S. I will probably break my New Year's resolution in my next post.

2 comments:

  1. Mr Robin Montano

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Robin Montano .. SIR… I IMPLORE YOU… PLEASE… VOICE YOUR… VERY VALUED OPINION PUBLICLY…!!!

    ReplyDelete